I'll eventually put up a new personal website, but in the meantime this page will house anything new to report in my writing life.
I write poems and flash fiction from the Jungian "shadows", those hidden and fragmented aspects of our experience as human beings we often deny. I regard them actually as the keys to our transformation, and ultimately our freedom.
Bruce Bond puts it beautifully when he writes, "consider it a blessing, that part of you / you cannot see."
- My poem "Severance" appeared online as the last featured poem of the year at The Good Men Project. (December 2016)
- I was invited to weigh in at Howlarium in a forum on the role of writers in our current political climate.
- Sebastián Hasani Páramo and his editorial team at The Boiler have nominated my poem "Daughter of Cain" for a Pushcart Prize. (December 2016)
- 2016 Primal School interviewee Kelly Weber, now an MFA candidate at Colorado State University, interviewed me about Primal School for CSU's Creative Writing department blog.
- My poem “Erlkönig at Burley’s Field” has been nominated by Jason L. Jordan and the editors of decomP for Sundress Publications' 2016 Best of the Net Anthology.
- Jason Howell of the wonderful mass-interview site Howlarium recently asked me to participate in a forum on the question of how AI will impact the future of reading and literature.
- New work this summer and fall in decomP, The Boiler, Lime Hawk, Cleaver, Cider Press Review, and Yes, Poetry.
- Brooklyn Poets & Poets Bridge featured my poems "Daughter of Cain" and "A Marriage" on September 1 and September 26, 2016.
- It was an honor to do this podcast for Superstition Review's Authors Talk series on the topic of poetry, mystery and the "black side of the intelligence."
- If the summer doesn't get away from me, I'm 90% sure I'll be reading for Yes, Poetry at the NYC Poetry Festival.
- My short piece "Year of the Jack Rabbit", a meditation on racial identity, was featured in Perigee, the online arm of Apogee Journal, on February 1, 2016. Joanna Valente of Luna Luna Magazine gave it a mention in their "Witchy World Roundup" on February 5.
- I've been awarded artists residencies in Feb/March, the month of May, and September/October 2016 a Hypatia In the Woods in Shelton, WA, Grünewald Guild in Plain, WA, and The Rensing Center in Pickens, SC, respectively
- My flash fiction story, "Gentlemen," appeared in the December 2015 issue of Literary Orphans.
- Three of my poems appeared in Issue #16 of Superstition Review.
- Poems "Longing Town" and "Schoolmaster" were featured on the Poets Bridge site of Brooklyn Poets, Oct 11 and Oct 22, 2015. "Insomniac Fugue" was featured on November 22, 2015.